Protection and Welfare Officer G7 point 28-33 (£21,249 - £24960) 37 hours per week (term time only)
Starting date – 8th January 2018
Castlefort JMI and Walsall Wood Primary Schools would like to appoint a Protection and Welfare Officer to work across both schools as the designated person for all issues related to Child Protection.
Essentially candidates will have:
· Experience of leading and co-ordinating Child Protection services within a school, or similar, setting as you will be the first point of contact for handling disclosures;
· Knowledge of local and national guidelines related to Keeping Children Safe in Education, including understanding of Child Protection thresholds;
· Excellent communication skills as you will be working with parents and a range of supporting agencies;
· Excellent standards of written literacy skills as you will be expected to produce high quality reports for conferences;
· Strong organisational skills and the ability to work on your own initiative ;
· The ability to Chair meetings and deliver staff training;
We can offer you:
· Experienced, supportive and friendly staff teams in both schools;
· Opportunities for continuing professional development;
· Support from administration staff;
· Personal office space and meeting/conference facilities;
The Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of Children and Young People and expects all staff to share this commitment. The post is subject to an enhanced DRB disclosure check along with relevant employment checks.
Closing date for applications is Wednesday 11th October. Interviews will take place on Thursday 19th October. Visits to the schools are encouraged.
Please contact Jocelyn Lloyd, School Business Manager, on 01543 452664 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Walsall Wood Primary School, Brownhills Road, Brownhills, WS8 7BP
For an application form you can find this under about us in the job vacancies page or click the link below: