The school council are here for you! They are a voice for all of the children at Walsall Wood School. Their responsibilities include:
- Acting as a role model to younger children;
- Collecting the views of the children in their designated class and ensuring these are heard by the staff representative;
- Actively bringing about positive change through discussions with senior leaders, school governors and beyond;
- Representing the school to their best of their ability.
They meet weekly to discuss issues and hold weekly class council meetings or whole school assemblies to feedback information or acquire pupil views.
The school council closely link with our PHSE curriculum and organise a number of events relating to citizenship, including:
- Preparing and delivering assemblies promoting the school ethos, and ways to feel/stay safe in & around school;
- Attending the Anti-bullying conference and feeding back the messages to all pupils;
- Leading on whole school initiatives such as Anti-bullying Week and organising a Community Day.