On 14th December 2022, the school were assessed by an external consultant and awarded the 360 Online Safety Award.
The report states that:
1. The whole school approach to online safety is exemplary with all stakeholders’ pupils, parents and carers, all staff, and governors taking responsibility to keep everyone safe online.
2) As a result of the outstanding work Miss Pascall does with the digital leaders they are knowledgeable and supportive and they themselves offer outstanding support to all pupils and staff and to parents and carers in workshops.
3) Without exception, all stakeholder views, and ideas about how to stay safe online are valued and considered, especially those expressed by pupils.
4) The computing curriculum is outstanding and empowers teachers to plan and resource lessons across all areas of the curriculum each term including online safety. This is further enhanced through the work of the PHSE/SEAL lead and the PHSE/SEAL curriculum which includes support for online safety in each theme at every opportunity.
5) Excellent CPD opportunities are provided for staff and governors by the computing lead and the LA consultant, who also run workshops for parents and carers in school.
Examples of outstanding practice that would be of benefit to other schools:
1) The outstanding planned computing curriculum empowers all teaching staff to teach the subject including online safety each term.
2) The upskilling of pupils to become digital leaders who really do lead on online safety providing outstanding support for all stakeholders.